Invivopower AB was founded in 2019 by Bengt Bern based on an invention of a transcutaneous wireless energy transfer technology that will improve quality of life and prolong life for patients with heart failures. Bengt has his own experience with heart failure. Bengt was diagnosed with AV-block in 2005 and had a pacemaker implanted the same year.
Our patented transcutaneous energy transfer technology is based on a smart connector forming the primary winding in a transformer that is partly implanted in the body. A pierced skin opening allows this smart connector to be attached to the body with intact skin.
ADVANTAGES WITH THE INVIVOPOWER LINK:
• 90 % link efficiency @ 15 W transferred energy.
• No risk of primary coil is falling off.
• Energy transfer is independent on body parameters like skin thickness patient motion.
• No special garment needed. One size fits all.
• No implantable battery needed (but systems can easily be implemented with an implantable battery when battery technology is mature).
• No problems with skin heating i.e. SARs or ohmic losses.
• No problems with EMC.
• A medical system that is extremely easy to verify and validate in all parameter corners because the system works the same way on a benchtop as in patients.
Our strong team with complimentary competences of surgeons and engineers has achieved remarkable progress the last years. With our patented and proven transcutaneous energy transfer technology we can now proudly say that we are ready to eliminate the Achilles heal of the ventricular assist device and the total artificial heart treatment: Driveline Infections.
OUR BUSINESS IDEA:
To license our patent-protected transcutaneous wireless energy transfer technology to VAD-Ventricular Assist Device and TAH-Total Artificial Heart manufacturer.
Invivopower has developed a surgical method to create a skin pierced opening through human cadaver studies and on euthanized animals. Through our work we have developed surgical instruments: a skin elevator and a needle guide that makes surgery safe, straight forward, and reproducible.
SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION WITHOUT AN IMPLANTABLE BATTERY
SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION WITH AN IMPLANTABLE BATTERY
FULL FREEDOM WITHOUT THE EXTERNAL CONTROLLER
(Outer controller and batteries removed for full freedom)
Prior to a license agreement the VAD or TAH companies have the possibility to do an integration project with the Invivopower link to obtain hands on experience. Invivopower has developed a unique hardware and software integration system where the VAD or TAH company can integrate the Invivopower link directly into the VAD /TAH system for proof of concept.
Integration system has full capability of measuring:
* Power delivered to the energy link
* Power consumed by the VAD/TAH
Following an integration project successful proof of concept Invivopower is offering a license to its transcutaneous wireless energy transfer technology to VAD and TAH manufacturer.